[Vision2020] Re: Library Renovations - Public Internet Access

Douglas Stambler ccm_moscow@yahoo.com
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:19:54 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1056211347-1059585594=:34415

Monica, that's great news!  What I'm going to do is print out this e-mail, and give it to Ann, who works here at the public library.  She also seems enthusiastic about the prospect.  Perhaps you can give the library a call and ask for her when you get a chance.

Thanks.

In Christ,
Douglas Stambler

Monica Ray <monica@turbonet.com> wrote:
Douglas,

    Sure.  It's my understanding that the library has a 15 minute "casual drop-in" time limit, and a 30-minute limit for people who sign up.  We don't have a convenient way for people to sign up, but since it wouldn't be much trouble for us to set up an extra computer or two, I don't see even the 30-minute limit as a problem.  We currently have two computers for public access, and we have space for two more.

    -- Monica at Cactus Computer
----- Original Message -----
From: Douglas Stambler
To: vision2020@moscow.com ; webmaster@fsr.com ; cactus@turbonet.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 5:45 PM
Subject: Library Renovations - Public Internet Access

Hi:

As you probably already know, the Moscow public library will be closing for two weeks at the beginning of August.  Since the University of Idaho does not allow the public to use its computers to access the Internet, I am wondering if either Cactus Computer or First Step Internet can come up with an alternative for the general public while the public library is being renovated.

I am posting this message on the Vision 2020 Forum, with the hope that maybe someone will step forward with public access to the Internet during the first half of August.

Thanks.

In Christ,
Douglas Stambler
(Moscow)

--0-1056211347-1059585594=:34415

<DIV>Monica, that's great news!&nbsp; What I'm going to do is print out this e-mail, and give it to Ann, who works here at the public library.&nbsp; She also seems enthusiastic about the prospect.&nbsp; Perhaps you can give the library a call and ask for her when you get a chance.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>In Christ,</DIV>
<DIV>Douglas Stambler</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>Monica Ray &lt;monica@turbonet.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; WIDTH: 100%">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<DIV><FONT size=2>Douglas,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Sure.&nbsp; It's my understanding that the library has a 15 minute "casual drop-in" time limit, and a 30-minute limit for people who sign up.&nbsp; We don't have a convenient way for people to sign up, but since it wouldn't be much trouble for us to set up an extra computer or two, I don't see even the 30-minute limit as a problem.&nbsp; We currently have two computers for public access, and we have space for two more.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -- Monica at Cactus Computer</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A title=ccm_moscow@yahoo.com href="mailto:ccm_moscow@yahoo.com">Douglas Stambler</A> </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=vision2020@moscow.com href="mailto:vision2020@moscow.com">vision2020@moscow.com</A> ; <A title=webmaster@fsr.com href="mailto:webmaster@fsr.com">webmaster@fsr.com</A> ; <A title=cactus@turbonet.com href="mailto:cactus@turbonet.com">cactus@turbonet.com</A> </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, July 29, 2003 5:45 PM</DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Library Renovations - Public Internet Access</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Hi:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>As you probably already know, the Moscow public library will be closing for two weeks at the beginning of August.&nbsp; Since the University of Idaho does not allow the public to use its computers to access the Internet, I am wondering if either Cactus Computer or First Step Internet can come up with an alternative for the general public while the public library is being renovated.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am posting this message on the Vision 2020 Forum, with the hope that maybe someone will step forward with public access to the Internet during the first half of August.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>In Christ,</DIV>