[Vision2020] Christ Church...

Thomas Hansen tomh@FNA.fsn.uidaho.edu
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:09:13 -0700

Greetings Visionaires -

Don Kaag stated:

" . . . I would be happy to have an alternative place which puts
smokers off in a room by themselves, plays soft classical music, has
intellectually-challenging books to read, and serves reasonably good
wine by the glass.  Someone else open another place like Bucers, and I
will spend time there, too.  The Corner Club or the Slurp 'n Burp just
won't cut it---I dislike second-hand smoke and I loathe country and
western music."

I agree 10,000% with you, Don.  I miss the old Beanery.  I love the idea of
the old coffee shop/bakery in an atmosphere of old Rhythm and Blues quietly
playing in the background as I read my copy of Howard Cosell's "I Never
Played the Game".

Any chance we can brink it back?