[Vision2020] This is so not important..

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:29:39 +0000

Carl, and other Fugs devotes:

I believe Ed Sanders (someone correct me if I am wrong) was the brain child
of the Fugs, which was more of a protest poetry art performance group, than
a "musical" group, depending one ones definition of "music."  They were
never mainstream in the 60s, in part because they used profanities.

But I disagree that the 60s are in the rearview mirror.  The revolt of that
time is alive and well and with us as we speak.  Artists like the Fugs, who
were censored in the extreme in the 60s due to questionable content, now
have a much wider and more accepting audience.  For better or worse, free
expression is more "free" now than it was then.  Businesses that profit off
pornography now are out in the open, for example, when in the 60s they would
have ended up in court.

Speaking of censorship, the original censored album cover to the one "Blind
Faith" album, that super group with Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood and Ginger
Baker, is now out on display in stores right here in Moscow, the same cover
that was banned when it came out during the 60s era.   It features a
"topless" female.

Time for the Moscow City Council to go to work to protect us!

The 1960s really were a conservative time.

Ted