[Vision2020] Enlistment Oath

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 21:31:10 -0700

When a Soldier, Sailor, Airman, or Marine enlists into the Armed Forces of
the United States, he/she takes the following oat.

"I, ___________________________________, do solemly swear (or affirm) that I
will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all
enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to
the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United
States and the orders of the officers appointed overme, according to
regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Any failure to obey this sacred oath is a court-martial offense.  It is that
simple.

Pro Patria,

Tom Hansen
SFC, US Army (Retired)