[Vision2020] Boehner-Davis School Choice Bill Passes Hurdle

David Douglas ddouglas@pacsim.com
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:36:19 -0400

Tom Hansen writes:

It should also be noted that Washington DC does not have a state government,
thus no "state" funds for education.  I believe that Wsshington DC is unique
in itself, such that the federal government must provide for the residents
of that city.

This seems like a distinction without a difference.  The funding from the
point of view of the school system comes either  from city or federal funds
(I suspect the latter) and not from the student's families--just like any
other government/public school.  (Also, I might be wrong, but I think I've
heard that their per student spending on education is relatively high).

It isn't clear to me how the schools would be better--or worse--with a
"state" as the source of what is essentially state funding.

--
David Douglas