[Vision2020] guerilla warfare

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 05:57:58 -0700

Having grown up in the 1960's, I fail to see any common links.

During Vietnam, President Johnson was not in over his head.  The evolution
of the Vietnam War is a long story (again, involving the French).  But that
is for another topic, another day.

The only common thread I see linking the Vietnam War (Johnson) and Persian
Gulf War, Part 2 (George W) is that the President publicly disseminated the
lies that he was told.  General Westmoreland lied to Johnson and Director
Tenet lied to Bush.

Once the lies were discovered, how did these presidents respond?

President Johnson assumed responsibility for lying to the American people
and did not seek a second term.

President Bush is attempting to covr it up, saying that the lie was
insignificant, that he didn't know it was a lie.

Yes.  We are in a major quagmire (and I use that term for "mixed company"
purposes.