[Vision2020] Revisionist Workplace rules: Sexual harassment=sex

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:22:14 -0700 (PDT)

Ted,
   Your response illustrates perfectly what I'm
talking about and why I brought this up in the first
place.
   The Democrats claim to be feminists, are supported
wholeheartedly by most feminist groups, and quite
frankly without strong support from women's groups
they would not be competitive nationally.
   That's fine. However, when their values---here the
right of a woman in a subordinate employment role
alleging that she has been subjected to sexual demands
from a male who is her vast superior in the workplace
chain command(the classic sexual harassment
scenario)to have her claim taken seriously and fully
litigated--conflict with their own political
interests, the Democrats don't support it. And
further, they subject the female plaintiff to
name-calling such as Carville's classist "trailer park
trash" comment.
  Of course I don't know what actually happened.
  I just brought it up to point out this complete lack
of principle and consistency.
   TL