[Vision2020] Revisionist history

wallis@moscow.com wallis@moscow.com
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:25:20 -0700

Straight from a George Orwell novel?

Excerpt of a transcript of the press conference held yeaterday:
The President (continuing...)
"The larger point is, and the fundamental question is, did Saddam
Hussein have a weapons program? And the answer is, absolutely.
And we gave him a chance to allow the inspectors in, and he
wouldn't let them in. And, therefore, after a reasonable request, we
decided to remove him from power, along with other nations, so as
to make sure he was not a threat to the United States and our
friends and allies in the region. I firmly believe the decisions we
made will make America more secure and the world more
peaceful."

"And we gave him a chance to allow the inspectors in, and he
wouldn't let them in"?? This President accuses others of rewriting
history? What world does he live in?

Quote from
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/07/20030714-3

Jim Wallis