[Vision2020] More questioning about the President's Speech

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam@hotmail.com
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:54:37 -0700

<P>The aluminum tube story was disputed from the beginning, but the Administration continued to use it.&nbsp; I saw rebuttals to the 'only for centrifuges' claim last year.</P>
<P>In Poland, the President claimed that the two trailers we had found were weapons labs, and that their existence was proof of a weapons program.&nbsp; However, the trailers, according to the British press, were for hydrogen balloons, and had been sold to Iraq by a British company.&nbsp; This story came out abroad prior to the Poland speech, but was not picked up by our press; they still tiptoe around it.&nbsp; In recent days, I have seen some questions, but they are not going after this.&nbsp; I certainly haven't seen any retraction from the White House, nor would I expect one.</P>
<P>Sunil<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Dale Courtney" <DALE@COURTNEYS.US>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: <VISION2020@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [Vision2020] More questioning about the President's Speech
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:30:58 -0700
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;The issue of the aluminum tubes and its place in the President's speech is
<DIV></DIV>&gt;also being questioned.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;The 16 words in question are included below in the paragraph in which they
<DIV></DIV>&gt;appeared in the President's address.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; "The International Atomic Energy Agency
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; confirmed in the 1990s that Saddam Hussein had an advanced
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; nuclear weapons development program, had a design for a
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; nuclear weapon and was working on five different methods of
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; enriching uranium for a bomb. The British government has
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; quantities of uranium from Africa. Our intelligence sources
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; tell us that he has attempted to purchase high-strength
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; aluminum tubes suitable for nuclear weapons production.
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; Saddam Hussein has not credibly explained these activities.
<DIV></DIV>&gt; &gt; He clearly has much to hide."
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Best,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Dale
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; List services made available by First Step Internet,
<DIV></DIV>&gt; serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.
<DIV></DIV>&gt; http://www.fsr.net
<DIV></DIV>&gt; mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ