[Vision2020] More questioning about the President's Speech

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:30:58 -0700

The issue of the aluminum tubes and its place in the President's speech is
also being questioned.

The 16 words in question are included below in the paragraph in which they
appeared in the President's address.

> "The International Atomic Energy Agency
> confirmed in the 1990s that Saddam Hussein had an advanced
> nuclear weapons development program, had a design for a
> nuclear weapon and was working on five different methods of
> enriching uranium for a bomb. The British government has
> learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant
> quantities of uranium from Africa. Our intelligence sources
> tell us that he has attempted to purchase high-strength
> aluminum tubes suitable for nuclear weapons production.
> Saddam Hussein has not credibly explained these activities.
> He clearly has much to hide."

Best,
Dale