[Vision2020] Friendship Square

Erik Miller emiller101@msn.com
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:07:16 +0000

<P>I agree, we need a nice public restroom in the downtown Friendship Square area. My thought is only that we should try to keep it as nice and clean as possible, I think that while portable units work great for single events, Friendship Square is permanent and should if possible have a permanent restroom. </P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Erik Miller <BR><A href="http://www.moscow-pullman.com">www.moscow-pullman.com</A>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV><BR>&gt; Friendship Square was filled on Saturday during the Farmer's Market.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; But for anyone looking for a bathroom, it's not a friendly place.
<DIV></DIV>&gt; While some nearby businesses may allow customers or others to use a
<DIV></DIV>&gt;bathroom, there is no public restroom in the square. And that is a
<DIV></DIV>&gt;problem if Moscow is going to continue to build the Farmer's Market or
<DIV></DIV>&gt;other downtown activities into popular events for residents and
<DIV></DIV>&gt;visitors.
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Other towns that want to encourage visitors to their downtown areas
<DIV></DIV>&gt;(Leavenworth is an excellent example) provide public bathrooms,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;wheelchair accessible and placed prominently for all to locate and use.
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Now, the city does keep a bathroom open in what was the city hall
<DIV></DIV>&gt;and what is now the police station. However, few residents and
<DIV></DIV>&gt;virtually no visitors know of its existence. Also, it is a block away
<DIV></DIV>&gt;and up a stairway.
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Now is a good time for the city to find a solution to this problem.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Friendship Square is going to be renovated soon. Economic development
<DIV></DIV>&gt;through increased arts/cultural event tourism is becoming more
<DIV></DIV>&gt;significant.
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Is there a place to build a permanent public restroom?
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Would a portable restroom suffice?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;BL