[Vision2020] When Will "FREE" TRADERS be held accountable?

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:59:01 +0000

All:

Of course we are in a global economy!  Why point out something that I am
sure Tim and everyone is aware of?

Also, your point about the internet jobs sent to other nations is not quite
correct.  We would not have to dismantle the internet to stop this business
practice.  US based companies could be prevented by law from outsourcing
jobs that use the internet to other nations.  And it can be determined if a
company is using the internet to outsource jobs to other countries, so such
a law would be enforceable.

The question is, are we going to adopt trade polices that help US workers to
maintain the best wages and benefits possible, or are we going to adopt
trade policies that favor the most profits for multinational corporations
who could give a hoot about the US worker?

We could also ask to what extent these two agendas are mutually exclusive.

Ted