[Vision2020] Video games

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 08:37:54 -0700

Very good question, Mr. Westberg.

It is my impression that these games tend to separate the "killer" from the
"killing" on an interactive level.  The "killer" does not feel any remorse
or guilt about the person he/she "killed".  This (ultimately) can develop
into something scarier than any Stephen King novel.

Yet, the commercial enterprises should be permitted to manufacture and sell
products that are not illegal.  Recall that "immoral" has nothing to do with
"illegal".  Communities may define "immoral" behavior.  But, the bottom line
is that parents must assume a large degree of responsibility for not
releasing crazed assassins into that community.

Just some thoughts,