[Vision2020] More New Multi-family Units

peterson@moscow.com peterson@moscow.com
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:54:27 -0700

Hi,
I'm feeling perplexed, not about the heavy stuff like the meaning of
life...but about life in Moscow.  I can not understand why a major
property owner can be getting a subdivision plat for 20 new 12plexes
run through City Hill without the Water Department taking care of run
off of fresh water from Well #8 in the NW corner of Moscow.  You
see every time that city well kicks on it pumps up about 1500 gallons
of pure fresh drinking water and then lets it drain down a ravine into
a storm drain below.  The course that the 10,000 year old water
follows is exactly where Robert Peterson Jr. of Lewiston is having an
extension of Baker Street built as we speak.  He's just going to
provide a culvert for the water as the City lets it slip through unused!!
Another weird thing about this is that Peterson's subdivision plan is
still only 1/2 way through the preliminary stage of getting the City
Council's OK!  So why is he being allowed to bury the fresh drinking
water before he even has on ok to go ahead with his unnessary high
density subdivision!?  If anyone knows the public's input isn't needed
by the City please let me know!  If you want to let the Coucil know
how you feel; they'll be a hearing on this plan on Monday night July 7
in the Council Chambers at 7:00.  However, the P and Z hearing
started about 1.5 hours after it was advertised to start and some left
before the hearing even started!  (Lawyers: Is it legal to start a
hearing at the time it was supposed to be without even mentioning it
to those present or for the record?)
Pam Peterson