[Vision2020] MSD Pay and Tenure--a reply

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:32:06 -0700

<P>Ted,</P>
<P>You wrote: "Donovan to admit there may be a waste of certain funds in MSD does not really disprove his argument."</P></DIV>
<P>I am sure&nbsp;if you look back at my previous posts you will not only see where I have admitted this, you will find examples. I have no difficulty admitting that ANY institution is NOT 100% efficient. </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Nonetheless, Dale is asking me to admit that MSD is wasting money more then a private institution would be while still providing the same opportunities. I do not accept his notion without proof. </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>So lets pretend that I say, "Oh yes, MSD is wasting money right and left and something needs to be done about it."</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Dale could reply, "See, even you admit that I am right, you just admitted they waste money, a private school would get rid of this waste". </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Thereby negating the entire&nbsp;need&nbsp;of proof that MSD is wasting money. Then we go round and round again without a single drop of evidence being provided that a private institution would offer the same opportunities as a public school for all children. </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>If Dale shows, the community that indeed there is a Private school that does more effectively run then a public school that still provides the same opportunities&nbsp;for a student for less money, Then I will admit I am wrong, and that it can be done, and that MSD is in fact wasteful,&nbsp;join Dale in getting MSD to adopt this "private schools" model. <STRONG><U><EM>All I ask is the name of one private school, that is it, if he knows one, why not say it and convince me and everyone else. What logic is there in hiding this information from all of us? Really makes no sense at all.</EM></U></STRONG></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>But Dale can't provide&nbsp;the name of a private school that does, because one doesn't exist. Rather then admitting this, he simply asks questions in response to hide that he&nbsp;hasn't done any research to find out that Private schools don't provide same services for less money.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Thanks!</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Donovan J Arnold&nbsp;&nbsp;</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>&gt;From: "Ted Moffett" <TED_MOFFETT@HOTMAIL.COM></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: donovanarnold@hotmail.com, dale@courtneys.us
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;CC: vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: [Vision2020] MSD Pay and Tenure--a reply
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:49:27 +0000
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;All:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Donovan's questions that Dale does not want to answer seem relevant
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;to illuminating this debate over public vs private schools. So
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Dale, why not provide at least some provisional concise answers?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;On the other hand, for Donovan to admit there may be a waste of
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;certain funds in MSD does not really disprove his argument. There
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;may be many schools, both private and public, where money is not
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;spent wisely. This does not negate the need for the schools or the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;services and education they provide, nor does it disprove according
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;to some grand political or ethical or spiritual theory that public
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;tax supported schools are inherently wrong.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Both of you are exhibiting entrenched polarized stubbornness which
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;lessens the credibility of the arguments both of you are making.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Ted
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&gt;From: "Donovan Arnold" <DONOVANARNOLD@HOTMAIL.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&gt;To: dale@courtneys.us, vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&gt;Subject: Re: [Vision2020] MSD Pay and Tenure--a reply
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&gt;Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:06:06 -0700
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&lt;&lt; message3.txt &gt;&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>