[Vision2020] Chipman Trail Maintenance

roger hayes rhayes@turbonet.com
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:18:47 -0700

Ben:

I understand that in the next few days the Chipman trail may undergo an
extensive spraying.  This may take care of some problems, and possibly
create others.

As an aside, I find the intersection at the Vet clinic very dangerous
in part due to high grass . However, vehicles do come off the highway
there at fairly high speeds, and the bicyclists, skaters, and
pedestrians don't have enough time to react.  Knocking down, spraying
the grass will not solve all the problems.

On the plus side, the truck drivers entering and exiting the quarries
tend to blow their horns before crossing the trail.

 From one who used to bicycle commute the highway, I can only say my
safety, enjoyment has increased a million-fold since the path was
built. What a wonderful addition to both our communities!

Sincerely,

Roger Hayes
Moscow