[Vision2020] Republican morphology

Douglas dougwils@moscow.com
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:13:10 -0800

Visionaries,

I am trying to figure out how my post could possibly have been construed as
a defense of Republicans. I am not a Republican.

The morphing has happened to a nation, and not just to one or the other of
the major political parties. We used to be a republic, and now we are an
empire. Get used to it. I do not say this with any kind of approval, but am
simply noting the facts. There are differences between the political
parties, just as there were differences between Augustus and Tiberius.

The notion that if a liberal Democrat were elected in 04 we would somehow
cease being what we have become is an idea that could make a cat laugh.

Cordially,

Douglas Wilson