[Vision2020] Will War Cause What We Want to Prevent

Bob Hoffmann escape@alt-escape.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:10:05 -0800

At 04:56 PM 1/30/2003 -0800, Mike Curley wrote:
>The Soviet Union's nuclear weapons presented a credible threat to the US
>for many years.  Some pushed for a "pre-emptive" strike that would take
>out all their missiles at once.  The US did not do that--not, I think, for
>humanitarian reasons, but because we knew that if we failed to pre-empt
>all their weapons on the first strike, perhaps millions of Americans would
>be killed by even one successful Soviet missile strike.  If we sent ours,
>we knew they would send theirs.  And so it is with Saddam.

Excellent logic, which if followed to its conclusion means that Sadaam
Hussein has no weapons of mass destruction that could significantly harm
the U.S.  Back to my statement on, "we don't fight wars that could result
in us getting hurt."  Compare, again, with North Korea.

Bob Hoffmann
820 S. Logan St.
Moscow, ID  83843

Tel: 208 883-0642