[Vision2020] Fair taxation.

Dana,Kathy,or Sarah Dawes ddawes@moscow.com
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:16:26 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C2C790.3F0C8B80

Phil

It depends on how you define flourishing.  Nevada is proposing almost $1 =
Billion  in new taxes to overcome a projected  budget shortfall of $700 =
million for the current FY.  Oregon and Washington are both facing $1 =
billion deficits annually for the next two years.  Montana is estimated =
to have a projected deficit of $232 million.  That doesn't make it look =
like privatized legal gambling is the answer to our budget woes.

Check out www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/business/5036969.htm

Dana Dawes
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Cjsnightclub@aol.com=20
  To: vision2020@moscow.com=20
  Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 11:34 AM
  Subject: [Vision2020] Fair taxation.

  Isn't it amazing in states where private enterprise gambling is =
allowed these states are flourishing? Some of these states do not even =
have income tax on its citizens. Are you also aware that 8 more states =
are in the process of privatizing Vegas style gambling? In the states =
where the states run the slot machines and gambling is heavily taxed are =
not prospering. We need not follow their example. It must stay in the =
hands of free enterprise and establishments that are 21 and older.

  Since we are not allowed to tax Indian gaming and we get no tax =
benefits from our neighboring gambling states; Washington, Oregon, =
Nevada, and Montana and our citizens gamble their savings in those =
states, we are still left with the burden of helping those who lose =
their life savings. Isn't it truly time that we wake up and legalize =
slots and get the tax revenue for our own state?

  I feel that some of our elected officials are commingling church and =
state. Many of our elected officials feel that gambling is a sin and =
must protect us from our own stupidity. Isn't it amazing that God gave =
us our own free will and some of our elected officials feel that they =
are to impose rules and regulations to limit what God gave us.=20

  Our state is raising the cigarette tax again, which is already taxed =
and the number of smokers is diminishing. You do the math. This tax =
source will deplete itself out. Especially in our state it becomes cost =
effective to buy cigarettes at the Indian reservations, federal and =
state tax-free. Another tax source lost.=20

  Idaho used to have legalized slots and received tax revenue from them. =
We did not have a financial crisis then. It is time to return to the =
past. It worked then. It will work now.

  Phil Roderick

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C2C790.3F0C8B80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Phil</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It depends on how you define =
flourishing.&nbsp;=20
Nevada is proposing almost $1 <STRONG>Billion</STRONG>&nbsp; in new =
taxes to=20
overcome a&nbsp;projected &nbsp;budget shortfall of $700 million for the =
current=20
FY.&nbsp; Oregon and Washington are both facing $1 billion deficits =
annually for=20
the next two years.&nbsp; Montana is estimated to have a projected =
deficit of=20
$232 million.&nbsp; That doesn't make it look like privatized legal =
gambling is=20
the answer to our budget woes.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Check out <A=20
href=3D"http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/business/5036969.htm">ww=
w.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/business/5036969.htm</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dana Dawes</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DCjsnightclub@aol.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:Cjsnightclub@aol.com">Cjsnightclub@aol.com</A> </DIV>
title=3Dvision2020@moscow.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:vision2020@moscow.com">vision2020@moscow.com</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, January 29, =
2003 11:34=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Vision2020] Fair=20
taxation.</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT lang=3D0 =
face=3DArial size=3D2=20
  FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF">Isn't it amazing in states where private =
enterprise=20
  gambling is allowed these states are flourishing? Some of these states =
do not=20
  even have income tax on its citizens. Are you also aware that 8 more =
states=20
  are in the process of privatizing Vegas style gambling? In the states =
where=20
  the states run the slot machines and gambling is heavily taxed are not =

  prospering. We need not follow their example. It must stay in the =
hands of=20
  free enterprise and establishments that are 21 and older.<BR><BR>Since =
we are=20
  not allowed to tax Indian gaming and we get no tax benefits from our=20
  neighboring gambling states; Washington, Oregon, Nevada, and Montana =
and our=20
  citizens gamble their savings in those states, we are still left with =
the=20
  burden of helping those who lose their life savings. Isn't it truly =
time that=20
  we wake up and legalize slots and get the tax revenue for our own=20
  state?<BR><BR>I feel that some of our elected officials are =
commingling church=20
  and state. Many of our elected officials feel that gambling is a sin =
and must=20
  protect us from our own stupidity. Isn't it amazing that God gave us =
our own=20
  free will and some of our elected officials feel that they are to =
impose rules=20
  and regulations to limit what God gave us. <BR><BR>Our state is =
raising the=20
  cigarette tax again, which is already taxed and the number of smokers =
is=20
  diminishing. You do the math. This tax source will deplete itself out. =

  Especially in our state it becomes cost effective to buy cigarettes at =
the=20
  Indian reservations, federal and state tax-free. Another tax source =
lost.=20
  <BR><BR>Idaho used to have legalized slots and received tax revenue =
from them.=20
  We did not have a financial crisis then. It is time to return to the =
past. It=20
  worked then. It will work now.<BR><BR>Phil=20
Roderick<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C2C790.3F0C8B80--