[Vision2020] Fair taxation.

Cjsnightclub@aol.com Cjsnightclub@aol.com
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:34:19 EST

--part1_14e.1aeb426e.2b6986bb_boundary

Isn't it amazing in states where private enterprise gambling is allowed these
states are flourishing? Some of these states do not even have income tax on
its citizens. Are you also aware that 8 more states are in the process of
privatizing Vegas style gambling? In the states where the states run the slot
machines and gambling is heavily taxed are not prospering. We need not follow
their example. It must stay in the hands of free enterprise and
establishments that are 21 and older.

Since we are not allowed to tax Indian gaming and we get no tax benefits from
our neighboring gambling states; Washington, Oregon, Nevada, and Montana and
our citizens gamble their savings in those states, we are still left with the
burden of helping those who lose their life savings. Isn't it truly time that
we wake up and legalize slots and get the tax revenue for our own state?

I feel that some of our elected officials are commingling church and state.
Many of our elected officials feel that gambling is a sin and must protect us
from our own stupidity. Isn't it amazing that God gave us our own free will
and some of our elected officials feel that they are to impose rules and
regulations to limit what God gave us.

Our state is raising the cigarette tax again, which is already taxed and the
number of smokers is diminishing. You do the math. This tax source will
deplete itself out. Especially in our state it becomes cost effective to buy
cigarettes at the Indian reservations, federal and state tax-free. Another
tax source lost.

Idaho used to have legalized slots and received tax revenue from them. We did
not have a financial crisis then. It is time to return to the past. It worked
then. It will work now.

Phil Roderick

--part1_14e.1aeb426e.2b6986bb_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Isn't it amazing in states where private enterprise gambling is allowed these states are flourishing? Some of these states do not even have income tax on its citizens. Are you also aware that 8 more states are in the process of privatizing Vegas style gambling? In the states where the states run the slot machines and gambling is heavily taxed are not prospering. We need not follow their example. It must stay in the hands of free enterprise and establishments that are 21 and older.<BR>
<BR>
Since we are not allowed to tax Indian gaming and we get no tax benefits from our neighboring gambling states; Washington, Oregon, Nevada, and Montana and our citizens gamble their savings in those states, we are still left with the burden of helping those who lose their life savings. Isn't it truly time that we wake up and legalize slots and get the tax revenue for our own state?<BR>
<BR>
I feel that some of our elected officials are commingling church and state. Many of our elected officials feel that gambling is a sin and must protect us from our own stupidity. Isn't it amazing that God gave us our own free will and some of our elected officials feel that they are to impose rules and regulations to limit what God gave us. <BR>
<BR>
Our state is raising the cigarette tax again, which is already taxed and the number of smokers is diminishing. You do the math. This tax source will deplete itself out. Especially in our state it becomes cost effective to buy cigarettes at the Indian reservations, federal and state tax-free. Another tax source lost. <BR>
<BR>
Idaho used to have legalized slots and received tax revenue from them. We did not have a financial crisis then. It is time to return to the past. It worked then. It will work now.<BR>
<BR>
Phil Roderick<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_14e.1aeb426e.2b6986bb_boundary--