[Vision2020] Donald Rumsfeld-speak

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:51:25 -0800

Greetings Visionaires -

Ed Evans stated:

"Certainly, it was just plain mean of us to drop our bombs, dust off our
hands, and walk away without reestablishing an infrastructure as we have
done in the past wars. Maybe this time round we'll be little kinder."

Perhaps you didn't grasp what I was eluding to, Mr. Evans.  Realizing that
Sadam Hussein openly uses weapons against his own people (unprovoked), how
many lives would we have saved if Schwartzkopf had marched on Baghdad as he
wanted to?  (not to mention the American lives lost in Saudi Arabia in 1991
for apparently no reason)

Tom Hansen
Moscow