[Vision2020] Donald Rumsfeld-speak

thansen@moscow.com thansen@moscow.com
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:15:22 GMT

I feel that we are going to invade Iraq regardless of what is (or is not) found
by the weapons inspection team.  Two scenarios:

1)  Weapons inspection team finds evidence of weapons of mass destruction -
George W gets support from the UN after presenting his case.

2)  Weapons inspection team finds no evidence of weapons of mass destruction -
George W argues that Iraq had more than sufficient time to hide weapons of mass
destruction in subsurface locations and implies that he possesses classified
information supporting this argument.

The bottom line:  George Sr. should have taken care of this problem 12 years
ago when the US had virtually global support.  You can argue oil all you want.
What value do you assign to the lives already lost and those lives we will lose
simply because George Sr whimped out and did not take appropriate action?

           http://www.fsr.net/