[Vision2020] The Rose Bowl...

Don Kaag dkaag@turbonet.com
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 09:00:00 -0800

Visionaries:

So, I logged onto my email this morning and there was nothing posted on
Vision 2020 but dirges about the Cougs' lackluster performance in
Pasadena.

Was there a Rose Bowl game yesterday?

For those of us who would rather read biography and History than "get
our game face on" and watch large, semi-agile, goons run into each
other on the vidiot box, WSU's dismal performance in the Rose Bowl is a
mere bagatelle.

Given that most of the WSU squad were not even Washington natives made
it even less attractive.  You'd have thought that they would have
performed better in front of their home crowd, however---since many of
them are from California.

I didn't even know who won the game until I, as usual, sorted the
sports page out of the SR and into the discard pile this morning, in
pursuit of the funnies and political cartoons.  Back to Ambrose's essay
on Dwight David Eisenhower's contribution to the founding of  NATO, and
the eventual withering-away of the Evil Empire (Steven Ambrose was
Ike's designated editor and biographer...).

Keep your chins up.  Perhaps WSU can hire another coach who can make
his name by taking the Cougars to a Rose Bowl and then bail to a REAL
football school prior to the big game.

Heh, heh,

Don Kaag