[Vision2020] Boxing

Nate Wilson natewilson@moscow.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:45:51 -0800

Rosemary Huskey wrote:

"At first I was puzzled that our local *Christian* school would sponsor
a fight night.  Why would anyone pay to watch youngsters (and older
"heavy weights") demonstrated how adroitly they can turn the other
cheek?  On the other hand, what kind of person could describe this
abusive spectacle as a 'night of fun?'"

As has been pointed out already, the Bonhom Boxing Club is not
affiliated with Logos School, though several Logos students will be
fighting. If certain cultural sensitivities revolt at the prospect of
watching such domesticated violence, then just think of it as the only
chance you'll have in the near future to watch Christians bleed out the
nose. If that doesn't sound like a 'night of fun' then I'm afraid I
can't help you.

Nathan Wilson

P.S. I'm taking 6 to 1 odds on Doug Jones' son Mac winning by TKO in the
2nd.