[Vision2020] Bush's reaction to war protests

eevans@moscow.com eevans@moscow.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:43:00 GMT

Wouldn't Saddam's response be the same regardless of the composition, US or UN,
of the attacking force? Even if the inspectors do manage to find WOMD, would
Saddam then freely hand them over and accept exile?

This administration does have a Strangelovian vibe for sure, but to it's credit
the polls still have the majority saying "yes" to war with Iraq generally,
though they do split over how and when to go to war.

Protests have never been the most articulate form of communication, as it's
real hard to get 100,000 people to simultaneously chant more than a five words
in a row. I couldn't help but wonder at a fellow back east holding a sign that
read: "My son is a Marine. Don't send him to war." Maybe he didn't read the
recruitment brochure all the way through...

Cheers,
-Ed Evans

           http://www.fsr.net/