[Vision2020] Taking charge of your own life...

Don Kaag dkaag@turbonet.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 06:22:51 -0800

Ted:

No one can make you a victim if you do not accept victimhood.  We have
laws in this country focused on that.  My point, which I am sure that
you will never concede, is that once a person---male or
female---reaches adulthood, they are, or ought to be, responsible for
their own actions and controllers of their own destiny.  That's the
American dream.

It doesn't take physical strength, it doesn't take weapons or karate
training.  All it takes (Granted, it is a big "all"...) is guts, hard
work, and an unwillingness to be pushed around.  I am sick and tired of
weenies whining about how the world, or the country, or their religion,
or their significant other, push them around and don't recognize their
"personness".

If that's the truth, then they are responsible, as adults with a brain,
to figure out how to stop it.  They've got a brain, they are citizens,
with access to a plethora of community support agencies and volunteer
groups, they need to get up off of their asses and do something about
it, rather than complain about how they are mistreated.

And as far as the consequences you have listed---divorce, ostracism,
rejection by their religion---here's a hot flash for you.  TAANSTAFL.
(There is no such thing as a free lunch.)  In this world, you get what
you work for and pay for.  That is the same for everyone.  If you want
something badly, you must be willing to make the trade-offs to make it
happen.

Don Kaag