[Vision2020] RenFair/Rendezvous question

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:57:14 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C2D378.93B4EF80

> Dale
> Could you please __briefly__ summarize what the federal,
> state, county, city govt. SHOULD regulate, in your opinion?
>
> Always curious,
> Debbie

Sure! This statement is from the libertarian party's statement of
principles. I've shortened it to make it "brief" as you've asked. It =
fairly
well summarizes my view of the role of civil government.

  _____ =20

The Libertarian Party challenge the cult of the omnipotent state and =
defend
the rights of the individual.

Governments throughout history have regularly operated on the principle =
that
the State has the right to dispose of the lives of individuals and the
fruits of their labor. Even within the United States, political parties
grant to government the right to regulate the lives of individuals and =
seize
the fruits of their labor without their consent.

We, on the contrary, deny the right of any government to do these =
things,
and hold that where governments exist, they must not violate the rights =
of
any individual: namely,=20
(1) the right to life -- accordingly we support the prohibition of the
initiation of physical force against others;=20
(2) the right to liberty of speech and action -- accordingly we oppose =
all
attempts by government to abridge the freedom of speech and press, as =
well
as government censorship in any form; and=20
(3) the right to property -- accordingly we oppose all government
interference with private property, such as confiscation, =
nationalization,
and eminent domain, and support the prohibition of robbery, trespass, =
fraud,
and misrepresentation.

Since governments, when instituted, must not violate individual rights, =
we
oppose all interference by government in the areas of voluntary and
contractual relations among individuals. People should not be forced to
sacrifice their lives and property for the benefit of others. They =
should be
left free by government to deal with one another as free traders; and =
the
resultant economic system, the only one compatible with the protection =
of
individual rights, is the free market.

  _____ =20

Best,=20
Dale

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C2D378.93B4EF80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<TITLE>Message</TITLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1141" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY><!-- Converted from text/plain format -->
<P>&gt; Dale<BR>&gt; Could you please __briefly__ summarize what the=20
federal,<BR>&gt; state, county, city govt. SHOULD regulate, in your=20
opinion?<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Always curious,<BR>&gt; Debbie<BR><BR>Sure! =
This=20
statement is from the libertarian party's statement of principles. I've=20
shortened it to make it "brief" as you've asked<SPAN =
class=3D303585023-13022003>.=20
It fairly well summarizes my view of the role of civil=20
government.</SPAN><BR></P>
<DIV>
<HR>
</DIV>
<DIV>The Libertarian Party challenge the cult of the omnipotent state =
and defend=20
the rights of the individual.<BR><BR>Governments throughout history have =

regularly operated on the principle that the State has the right to =
dispose of=20
the lives of individuals and the fruits of their labor. Even within the =
United=20
States, political parties grant to government the right to regulate the =
lives of=20
individuals and seize the fruits of their labor without their=20
consent.<BR><BR>We, on the contrary, deny the right of any government to =
do=20
these things, and hold that where governments exist, they must not =
violate the=20
rights of any individual: namely, </DIV>
<DIV>(1) the right to life -- accordingly we support the prohibition of =
the=20
initiation of physical force against others; </DIV>
<DIV>(2) the right to liberty of speech and action -- accordingly we =
oppose all=20
attempts by government to abridge the freedom of speech and press, as =
well as=20
government censorship in any form; and </DIV>
<DIV>(3) the right to property -- accordingly we oppose all government=20
interference with private property, such as confiscation, =
nationalization, and=20
eminent domain, and support the prohibition of robbery, trespass, fraud, =
and=20
misrepresentation.<BR><BR>Since governments, when instituted, must not =
violate=20
individual rights, we oppose all interference by government in the areas =
of=20
voluntary and contractual relations among individuals. People should not =
be=20
forced to sacrifice their lives and property for the benefit of others. =
They=20
should be left free by government to deal with one another as free =
traders; and=20
the resultant economic system, the only one compatible with the =
protection of=20
individual rights, is the free market.<BR></DIV>
<DIV>
<HR>
</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D303585023-13022003>Best, </SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D303585023-13022003>Dale</SPAN></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C2D378.93B4EF80--