[Vision2020] RenFair/Rendezvous questiion

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:47:03 -0800

Ed wrote:
> Sheesh! It's just beer. Of course they should allow it. I'd
> go one step further
> and ask that folks be allowed bring they're own.
>
> I'm wondering why alcohol is prohibited in the first place.
> Has it always been
> in place?
>
> Stamping out the fires of Temperance,

Another observation from when I lived in Germany. I remember the first time
I went to a MacDonald's restaurant and they were serving beer. I just about
fell over!

Western Europe has *no* drinking age restrictions (that I'm aware of; there
are probably exceptions. Germany and Austria for sure don't). And they have
a *very* low alcoholism rate.

In general, the people who have the greatest problems in Western Europe with
alcohol-related incidents are those who come from "dry" countries (Turkey,
kids from the USA, etc).

Would that we taught our children responsible drinking as opposed to "no
drinking until you're 21".

Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho