[Vision2020] re: liquor liability

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:26:51 -0800

>>I do *not* want either the State of Idaho or the Federal Government
>>telling the people what they can/cannot have. By being in the business of
>>providing a "service", the State is de facto telling us what we can/cannot

>>have and do.
>
> I'm sorry, Dale.  Was I mistaken when I though I saw you say that you were

> an advocate of states' rights?  Or are you now saying, "I am an advocate
of
> states' rights, except they shouldn't have the right to do anything that I

> don't want them to do"?

ROTFL!  Great question.

First, I *am* an advocate of States' rights. However, that doesn't mean that
the State has unlimited authority, powers, or jurisdiction. Just because the
State may think/act/and want to be god doesn't mean that it is.

We are *not* a democracy, you know. :)

Dale Courtney
Moscow, ID