[Vision2020] re: liquor liability

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam@hotmail.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:28:38 -0800

<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Dale Courtney&nbsp;ends his last post in response to Duncan Palmatier (venomously?&nbsp;angrily? having a bad day?) with this question:</P></DIV>
<P>"But then again, the right to a government education is guaranteed in our constitution, isn't it Mr. Lawyer?"</P>
<P>I don't know if "Mr. Lawyer" is intended as an insult, but I am a lawyer and not ashamed of it, so I'll help him out.&nbsp;I won't even charge him. </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>As you've noticed by now Dale, you live in Idaho, and we have our own Constitution.&nbsp; Article IX, Section 1 provides,</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>"LEGISLATURE TO ESTABLISH SYSTEM OF FREE SCHOOLS. The stability of a republican form of government depending mainly upon the intelligence of the people, it shall be the duty of the legislature of Idaho, to establish and maintain a general, uniform and thorough system of public, free common schools."</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>So to answer your question, Yes, the right to a government education is guaranteed in our constitution.&nbsp; But you knew that, right?</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Yours pro bono,</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Sunil<BR><BR><BR></P>