[Vision2020] re: liquor liability

Law Office of Duncan Palmatier dpalm@dpalmlaw.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:50:17 -0800

--------------090800040702060201070301

Dale Courtney wrote:

> Bill,
>
> Let me get this right. There's no establishment in town that provides
> the services that you are looking for; so you think that the city
> should fund a building where you can afford to have your parties?

Dear Vision 2020:

Private enterprise and the "free" market do not provide a town square
where I can go and speak my mind; rather, they offer to take my money
without my thoughts. The private sector does not exist for my benefit;
rather, it exists to benefit from my prosperity and, sometimes,
despairity. The business world does not care that I live or die; rather,
it cares that it gets a piece of my pie.

The public sector, my fair city, the county, the state, the feds, and
our disorganized world, should be organized to foster life, liberty and
the pursuit of happiness. For me, this community, and the larger world,
are better, freer, more happy places when there are parks and trails and
beautiful buildings available for good uses, such as East City Park to
hear a band concert of a summer evening, the Chipman Trail to ride my
bike of a fall afternoon, and the 1912 Building to toast the newly wed
of a spring day. I will add that I think it was good that government
helped create the Alturas Technology Park as an attractive and fully
developed center to attract high tech businesses with good jobs for
people in our community -- in other words, I do not flinch at the
concept of government assistance to business for the benefit of people.
I will conclude, because I think I recognize Dale's anti-government
bent, that I thank God for the good sense of the American people, and
our tradition separating church and state, for public schools.

Duncan Palmatier

--------------090800040702060201070301

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Dale Courtney wrote:<br>
  <title>Message</title>

 color="#0000ff" size="2">Let me  get this right. There's no establishment
in town that provides the services that  you are looking for; so you think
Dear Vision 2020:<br>
Private enterprise and the "free" market do not provide a town square where
I can go and speak my mind; rather, they offer to take my money without my
thoughts. The private sector does not exist for my benefit; rather, it exists
to benefit from my prosperity and, sometimes, despairity. The business world
does not care that I live or die; rather, it cares that it gets a piece of
my pie.<br>
[...]
separating church and state, for public schools.<br>
Duncan Palmatier<br>

--------------090800040702060201070301--