[Vision2020] boobs in the Idaho Legislature

Mushroom mushroom@moscow.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:11:52 -0800

Debbie Gray wrote:

Debbie Gray wrote:

> Have you heard about the new breastfeeding bills introduced in the
> legislature by Rep. Bonnie Douglas (D-Couer d'Alene)? One is to protect a
> woman's right to breaastfeed in public or private and another is to
> require employee accomodations for a woman who needs to express milk at
> the workplace.
>
> Rep. Charles Eberle (R-Post Falls) said "You talk about the right of the
> woman. If I'm in a restaurant, though, having a nice meal, do I have any
> right (not) to get the woman next door to me taking off her blouse and
> starting to breastfeed?" and Rep. Peter Nielsen (R-Mountain Home) said he
> feared that under the bill, women would be encouraged to "whip it out and
> do it anywhere". And Rep. Henry Kulczyk (R-Eagle), in reference to the
> workplace bill, said 'Being a small-business man, I don't need any more
> regulations"

There are many ways to be small. If citizens get the kind of
representatives they deserve, people in Post Falls, Mountain
Home and Eagle must just whip out their votes without a lot
of thought.

Don Coombs