[Vision2020] School Choice

David Douglas ddarrel_douglas@hotmail.com
Sun, 09 Feb 2003 18:45:51 -0800

Mr. Dredge,

Scott Dredge writes:

"...yet I don't bitch and moan about my tax dollars funding public
education.  In fact, I wholeheartedly support it.  I
find this funding model entirely acceptable."

It's understandable that you don't complain, seeing that you support and
find the status quo acceptable.  The people complaining (with or without
kids) neither support it nor find it acceptable.  This disagreement is the
heart of the argument.

Would you find (or fund) this model acceptable if it were changed to a
strictly voluntary system of contributions?  That way the folks who send
their kids to private school or home school wouldn't merely have the choice
of what to do, they'd have a funding model they found acceptable as well.

Cheers,
David Douglas