[Vision2020] School Choice

Scott Dredge sdredge@yahoo.com
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 02:18:45 -0800 (PST)

I've never had school age children and yet I don't
bitch and moan about my tax dollars funding public
education.  In fact, I wholeheartedly support it.  I
find this funding model entirely acceptable.  The
system in place allows anyone to send their children
to public schools or they can choose home schooling,
private schooling, etc. or any combination that works
for their children's needs.

-Scott

--- John Harell wrote ---
Hello Melynda Huskey,

To address your question, since I feel kind of
responsible for this whole
slew of postings:

> And although I won't insist on it--I'm still
thinking about it myself--may I
> modestly and diffidently ask if there are any takers
on my questions about
> the reasons for our continued embattlement on this
particular topic after
> months of comparative calm?

You alluded to the answer in one of your previous
posts, to which I responded,
but I will repost here.

There are a number of "educational choices" that
parents have as to where they
can educate their children. But "no choice" exists as
to which "educational entity"
our money goes to fund once it is forcibly taken from
us by the government. I
find this unacceptable. When a proper funding model
that is "fair" to everyone
has been achieved then these discussions will probably
fade away.

Can you present a funding model that is "fair to
everyone?"

Can anyone out there present a funding model that is
"fair to everyone?"

I don't have a degree in finance or experience in
venture capital or whatever
it takes to create a proper funding model.

How about one of our politicians?

How about Tom Trail? Or Shirly Ringo? Can they present
a funding model that is
"fair to everyone?"

Cheers!
John Harrell