[Vision2020] Interesting Report by S&P on Michigan's Govt Schools

John Harrell johnbharrell@yahoo.com
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 22:52:56 -0800 (PST)

Hello Melynda Huskey,

To address your question, since I feel kind of responsible for this whole
slew of postings:

> And although I won't insist on it--I'm still thinking about it myself--may I
> modestly and diffidently ask if there are any takers on my questions about
> the reasons for our continued embattlement on this particular topic after
> months of comparative calm?

You alluded to the answer in one of your previous posts, to which I responded,
but I will repost here.

There are a number of "educational choices" that parents have as to where they
can educate their children. But "no choice" exists as to which "educational entity"
our money goes to fund once it is forcibly taken from us by the government. I
find this unacceptable. When a proper funding model that is "fair" to everyone
has been achieved then these discussions will probably fade away.

Can you present a funding model that is "fair to everyone?"

Can anyone out there present a funding model that is "fair to everyone?"

I don't have a degree in finance or experience in venture capital or whatever
it takes to create a proper funding model.

How about one of our politicians?

How about Tom Trail? Or Shirly Ringo? Can they present a funding model that is
"fair to everyone?"

Cheers!
John Harrell