[Vision2020] Interesting Report by S&P on Michigan's Govt Schools

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam@hotmail.com
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 16:43:35 -0800

<P>Melinda's query:</P>
<P>"And although I won't insist on it--I'm still thinking about it myself--may I modestly and diffidently ask if there are any takers on my questions about the reasons for our continued embattlement on this particular topic after months of comparative calm?" </P>
<P>It's like the scene in The Godfather when Clemenza is explaining to Michael how to pull off the hit on Solozzo and McCluskey; he says something to the effect that </P>
<P>"It's good to have a war every few years, gets rid of the bad blood."</P>
<P>In our version no one has had to fish a revolver out of a cistern, at least not yet.&nbsp; Of course, we don't get to wait a few years before returning to this 'discussion' either.</P>