[Vision2020] Interesting Report by S&P on Michigan's Govt Schools

Dale Courtney dmcourtn@moscow.com
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 12:04:19 -0800

Melynda wrote:
> And I can't let the assertion pass that we'd all be better
> off if we just
> sent our kids to Logos--

Melynda, you've *never* heard me say that everyone should send their kids to
Logos; nor will you.

The discussion about private education is *not* about Logos; it never has
been; it never will be. When hard statistics are asked for, all I can go to
(locally) is the private school I know first hand. But in *all* my posts I
*always* say "private school" and not Logos (unless arguing about a
particular instance of private schools).

> while it might be a good choice for
> some folks, it'd
> be a pretty awful fit for my kids (I'm guessing *Heather has
> Two Mommies*
> isn't in the school library).

A private school could determine who it will cater to (born-again Hittites,
Trinitarians, Muslims, Hindus, atheists, neo-pagans, etc) if it so chose;
and it could select the academic emphasis that it wants to have (classical,
sports, arts, etc).

This would all depend upon the parent's desire for their children.

I repeat -- no one is arguing that everyone should send their kids to Logos.
There aren't that many Christians in Moscow!

Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho