[Vision2020] Media Watch

Bob Hoffmann escape@alt-escape.com
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 11:20:29 -0800

At 09:19 AM 2/6/2003 -0800, Thomas Hansen wrote:
>If the United States does invade Iraq and unseat Saddam Hussein, what action
>should the United States/United Nations take to avoid a governmental
>implosion in Iraq?

The typical formula:

1. Find a high-ranking Iraqi officer and put him in charge of the country.
2. The U.S. government declares him to be a moderate, "someone we can work
with," and ignores the fact that he used to loyally follow Saddam's orders.
3. He controls the oil fields for U.S. corporations, and then we free him
up to attack the Kurds in the north and the Shi'a population in the south,
with weapons happily provided by the U.S.
4. When evidence of #3 is presented, the U.S. government will talk about an
unfortunate, complicated situation, foreign culpability (those nasty
Iranians supplying arms to the break-away southerners, for instance), and
the terrorist tactics of the victims.
5. At some point, the Iraqi officer/leader of Iraq annoys the U.S.
government, and we launch either a war or a covert action to unseat him.

Bob Hoffmann
820 S. Logan St.
Moscow, ID  83843

Tel: 208 883-0642