[Vision2020] Media Watch

WMSteed@aol.com WMSteed@aol.com
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 13:09:17 EST

In a message dated 2/6/03 9:51:43 AM, mushroom@moscow.com writes:

<< But the story and the headline say that Saddam IS harboring
the terrorist in question. >>

Your guess is as good as mine about headline writers, whether it be about
international, national or flower club stories.

<<I think we will look back -- publically unless the Bill of
Rights is gutted in the next few years -- and regret how so
many people in this country, in and out of the media, lay
down instead of protesting "preemptive strikes.">>

"preemptive strikes"  Now there is the question.

Had we known about the plans for 9/11 and known they were concentrated in a
single country which would not support our going after them, would you have
supported a preemptive strike?  In other words, is the problem lack of
evidence that concerns you about Iraq or preemptive strikes in particular?

Walter Steed