[Vision2020] Media Watch

Mushroom mushroom@moscow.com
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 09:50:30 -0800

WMSteed@aol.com wrote:

> In complaining about this morning's Lewiston Morning Tribune article on
> terrorists connections to Saddam and feeling that the above "lack" of
> connection should not have been so far down in the story, you neglected to
> quote paragraph 10 which said, "In May 2002, Zarqawi received medical
> treatment in Baghdad after he fled Afghanistan" and that while Zarqawi was in
> the Iraqi capital, nearly two dozen other extremists converged there to
> establish a base of operations."  Surely you will agree that Baghdad is under
> Saddam's control.

Surely.

But the story and the headline say that Saddam IS harboring
the terrorist in question.

Saddam IS NOT. The story itself, the part buried on page 3,
says he IS NOT.

So, yeah, I'm complaining. But not whining.

I think we will look back -- publically unless the Bill of
Rights is gutted in the next few years -- and regret how so
many people in this country, in and out of the media, lay
down instead of protesting "preemptive strikes."

Don Coombs