[Vision2020] Media Watch

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 09:36:11 -0800

What action indeed?  I heard a report on NPR a few weeks ago that counted a
total of 96 different opposition groups in Iraq, none of whom evidently get
along with each other.  We attack Iraq, unseat Saddam, ratcheting up Middle
East hatred of the United States, quite possibly increasing rather than
decreasing the threat of terrorism, and replace Saddam with....who?  Oh, and
by the way, North Korea continues to stick its finger in our eye.  To quote
from this morning's New York Times op-ed page, the character of America is
at issue as much as its military might.  To risk global catastrophe without
proper international support would not speak well of that character.

                                                    Carl Westberg Jr.