[Vision2020] LEGISLATIVE NEWSLETTER IV -- January 26-31, 2003

Garrett Clevenger onewildearth@hotmail.com
Wed, 05 Feb 2003 17:06:48 -0800

Representative Trail,
Thank you for introducing legislation to allow farmers to grow hemp in
Idaho.  This seems like it should be a given.
I'm curious to know who voted against this legislation and why they did so.

I also thank you for supporting the use of recylcled oil.  Perhaps we can
extend this philosophy to other resources that can be bought as recycled
instead of raw, ie paper, building materials, equipment.

Sincerely,
Garrett Clevenger
Moscow

Tom Trail RepTrail@infotrail.com
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 22:19:20 -0600
2.  Legalization of Industrial Hemp  --  I introduced a resolution
which would have conveyed a message to the President and Congress the
desire of the Idaho Legislature to legalize industrial hemp and have it
regulated through the state's Department of Agriculture.  Industrial
Hemp is a potential alternative crop for farmers that is environmentally
friendly.  The bill was voted down on a 6-5 vote.

5.  Recycled Oil  --  A bill that I will introduce in the House
Natural Resources Committee on Tuesday would encourage state agencies to
use recycled oil.  The U.S. utilizes over 500,000  barrels of recycled
oil a day.  This is resource conservation a point emphasized by
President Bush in his State of the Union address.

ttrail@house.state.id.us,
Tel:  208-332-1202, and the mailing address is Idaho State Legislature,
P.O. Box 83720, Boise, ID 83720-0038.

Rep. Tom Trail/Dist. 6