[Vision2020] Bond

WMSteed@aol.com WMSteed@aol.com
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 15:00:11 EST

In a message dated 2/5/03 11:51:40 AM, mushroom@moscow.com writes:

<< Tom Lamar wrote:

> I'm guessing it failed because most people forgot to go vote.  No yard
> signs, to remind people, etc. >>

Tom, I don't agree.  Presumably all the folks that wanted the courthouse
expanded (including employees who are most impacted) would have been
advised/reminded of the date and gone to vote Yes.  That leaves those not
realizing the vote was being held probably would have mostly voted No.  Since
the No's carried the day by a 2 to 1 margin anyway, not voting due to lack of
reminders doesn't seem to fit.  It seems the electorate did not want this
bond and went and said so.

My logic; for what it's worth.

Walter Steed