[Vision2020] bond failure

Brent Capener cape@moscow.com
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 11:51:33 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_005F_01C2CD0C.EE370500

    My guess is the bond failed because of 1) new sewer plant 2) new =
swimming pool 3) purchase of 45 more acres for [ball fields?] 4) new =
fire station 5) new bus garage and school district offices; also =
pending: 6) more sewer plant upgrades 7) MHS remodel 8) concern over =
1912 bailout 9) EPA required rebuild of storm-water drainage system 9) =
street and arterial upgrades, etc. etc.  Don't misunderstand my thinking =
behind this post- I voted yes for one or more of the above and said yes =
to courthouse remodel.  The point is that our property taxes are going =
to increase regardless, which encourages voters to say no on those =
things that we're ALLOWED to vote on.
    It's too bad the one and only thing the county is asking for got =
squeezed out.  As a daily visitor to the courthouse I can definitely =
sympathize.  While file cabinets in the hallway don't seem like a 2 =
million dollar emergency, try visiting the offices in the basement, =
especially Disaster Services and Maintenance.
    Someone earlier suggested a group or organization collect all the =
area needs and wants into a larger basket disregarding the entity =
requesting the funding.  That way we could prioritize our spending =
without the influence of competing tax entities.  Maybe something for =
the Civic Assoc. to sip lattes over?

Brent Capener

PS.  All the while King George is running up the spending deficit at a =
record  pace and attempting to placate us commoners by refunding a few =
beans.  I think the usage of my 'no' key is soon to surpass that of =
'delete'.
------=_NextPart_000_005F_01C2CD0C.EE370500

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; My guess is the bond =
failed=20
because of 1) new sewer plant 2) new swimming pool 3) purchase of 45=20
more&nbsp;acres for [ball fields?] 4) new fire station&nbsp;5) new bus =
garage=20
and school district offices;&nbsp;also&nbsp;pending: 6) more sewer plant =

upgrades 7) MHS remodel 8) concern over 1912 bailout 9) EPA=20
required&nbsp;rebuild of storm-water drainage system 9) street and=20
arterial</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;upgrades,&nbsp;etc. =
etc.&nbsp;=20
Don't misunderstand my thinking behind this post- I voted yes for one or =
more of=20
the above&nbsp;and said yes to courthouse remodel.&nbsp; The point is =
that our=20
property taxes are going to increase regardless, which encourages voters =
to say=20
no on those things that we're ALLOWED to vote on.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It's too bad the one =
and only=20
thing the county is asking for got squeezed out.&nbsp; As a daily =
visitor to the=20
courthouse I can definitely sympathize.&nbsp; While file cabinets in the =
hallway=20
don't seem like a 2 million dollar emergency, try visiting the offices =
in the=20
basement, especially Disaster Services and Maintenance.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Someone earlier =
suggested a=20
group or organization&nbsp;collect all the area needs and wants into a =
larger=20
basket disregarding the entity requesting the funding.&nbsp; That way we =
could=20
prioritize our spending without the influence of competing tax =
entities.&nbsp;=20
Maybe something for the Civic Assoc. to sip lattes over?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Brent Capener</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>PS. &nbsp;All the while King George is =
running up=20
the spending deficit at a record&nbsp; pace and attempting to placate us =

commoners by refunding a few beans.&nbsp; I think the&nbsp;usage of my =
'no' key=20
is soon to surpass that of 'delete'.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005F_01C2CD0C.EE370500--