[Vision2020] courthouse bond election

jsullivan@moscow.com jsullivan@moscow.com
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 18:01:11 GMT

Our household voted no because wherever we look, on the state and federal
levels there are huge shortfalls of money for needed programs. Where will they
soon be turning, asking for more for schools, healthcare, our elderly? Us, in
the form of new taxes.

There are three potential large expendures facing the tax payers of this area.
Well, two now since this bond failure. I have heard not one peep about what
the plans are for Latah Health Services when their $1.00 a year lease expires
in 2004. Are the commissioners going to come to us yet again, asking for more
money in an attempt to keep the doors open.

Now is not the time to raise our taxes further. It is time to tighten our
belts and make due with we have.

Many people who live in this area do not make a big wage. They don't have the
money for more taxes. I believe that is why the bond failed.

Dale, I know you did ask me, but I kind of felt lke spouting off a bit this
morning. *soft laugh* I feel like whereever I look, it is spend, spend, spend,
with no one thinking where it is really coming from.

Janesta Sullivan

Bill,

           http://www.fsr.net/