[Vision2020] Interesting Report by S&P on Michigan's Govt Schools

Dale Courtney dmcourtn@moscow.com
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 06:39:37 -0800

Tom Hansen writes:
> If parents were given a refund equal to schooling their
> children, do you seriously believe that this money would be
> reinvested in their childrens' education?

Uh, yes. The laws on the books *require* to have their children in school
(in Idaho) from 7-15 years old ("attained the age of 7 years, but not the
age of 16 years." Idaho Code § 33-202).

> In the case of
> middle and low income families, that money is more likely to
> be spent on food and clothing.

Why do you think that by putting money back into the parent's hands for
deciding what education is best for their children is bad?

Never for the life of me will I understand people thinking that the State
can make better decisions for their children than parents can.

Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho