[Vision2020] Interesting Report by S&P on Michigan's Govt Schools

Dale Courtney dmcourtn@moscow.com
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 05:32:40 -0800

John Harrell wrote:
> If some parents choose to send their children to a public
> school, then THOSE
> parents should fund the public school. For the parents who
> choose to send
> their children to a private then let THOSE parents fund the
> private school.
>
> Pretty straight forward and "fair for all."

I would make one modification. Let parents have a tax refund equal to the
cost of schooling their children; then let *them* choose where they want to
send their children to school. They will vote with their money and all the
schools will have to be responsive to the desires of the parents -- or they
vote with their feet.

This model puts everyone on level ground when it comes to education.

Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho