[Vision2020] Interesting Report by S&P on Michigan's Govt Schools

Brad Neuman bradneuman@moscow.com
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 20:44:30 -0800

That one is easy, the one who's parents are willing to support the child and
place a high value on education will come out with a better education.

The question is, will that child come out with an exposure to diversity and
the skills to think on their own or will the child come out with a Taliban
like secular education, with a biased view of the world drummed into their
heads having only learned what to think instead of how to.

Brad Neuman

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com] On
Behalf Of ben merkle
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 6:16 PM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Interesting Report by S&P on Michigan's Govt
Schools

I'm willing to cut all the rhetoric and other distractions for a second if
others are. Here's the question: Who will come out with a better education,
a typical Moscow High graduate or a graduate from a "local private school"?
Anyone willing to give a straight answer that doesn't have to be qualified
into oblivion? And if we are not willing to answer this question, then why
all this pretended concern about the quality of our children's education?
Ben Merkle

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com