[Vision2020] Interesting Report by S&P on Michigan's Govt Schools

eevans@moscow.com eevans@moscow.com
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 01:17:56 GMT

> Eevans said:
>
> We could assume the local private schools spend nothing on social
> services.
> Given an MSD budget, is it possible to differentiate between social
> service and
> education costs?
>
> Knowing full well that the rhetoric will overcome thoughtfulness, I
> still ask:
>
> Why separate education and social service?  Isn't education, private or
> public, a "social service"?

I'm willing to generalize to simple "services." Public schools cost more per
student because they provide more services. If we want to compare costs, it
makes sense to throw out the set of services that are not common between public
and private schools. Then we'd be closer to an apples to apples comparison.

Cheers,
-Ed Evans

           http://www.fsr.net/