[Vision2020] taxation

Dale Courtney dmcourtn@moscow.com
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 04:42:37 -0800

Scott wrote:

> 40% of all my income does not go to taxes.  How are you
> determining this percentage?  Hypothetically, let's say that
> my income was $100k in 2002.  Just going by the Federal and
> Idaho State tax tables for
> 2002 for Single filing, and even without deducting state
> taxes on my federal return or considering any other type of
> income deductions (like home mortgage interest or even
> standard deductions), I would pay
> $7524 for state and $24315 for fed for a total of $31839.
> This is 31.8% which is significantly less than the 40% number
> that you're throwing around.

Two points: first, what tax bracket are you in?

Second, did you *only* consider your State and Federal taxes? We pay a *lot*
more than that in taxes...

Also, you must have missed my post to Vision2020. I'm done talking about the
slavery issue. That was completed two Thursdays ago. You'll have to keep
that topic going without me.

Best,
Dale